Thursday, May 7, 2009

Heart and Mind

All this time I've been making posting about the race between heart and mind. I realize that women tend to use the heart to decide something while men tend to use their logical thinking to decide something. But I always think that it's good to use the combinaiton of both. Can I do it? Can I put a balance between heart and mind? I guess when we're trying to find an answer to something, we're telling our brain to find some good explanation while at the same time using our feeling to decide whether the decision is correct or not. I searched for something to support my argument and then I found this article. This article doesn't not come into a conclusion. In the end, it's you who can decide what you want to do. Look up the words that I've highlighted below. What do you think?

Is it the lassitude, what I am feeling or I am suffering and its increasing day after day, hour after hour. When I recall my past I feel I have done many things that I should not have done or should have done differently. But then, beings are bound to err. I remember the time when my emotion ate me up and then I decided to eat my emotions up and I succeeded too in that to some extant. But now I realize that emotions could have been used in better way. Life is so strange that I myself don’t know what I am trying to know. Is this usual phenomenon or I am the only exception?

I am trying to know, "what am I trying to know? What am I trying to do? What am I trying to get? Why so much of fear of failure, when I have failed so many times? Why am I feeling that I am bounded in my own confusions? Why am I not letting myself left with me only? Why am I not I? Question and questions but no answer. No, human too are machines with an extra sophistication of having mind. They are running as they know that they cannot stop. Stopping would mean death. Isn’t that then is the easiest way to stop working?

There must be something else that is playing with us. We cannot stop working. It is not just because of stomach but the heart from where emanates and derives the emotions. You can ask then why mind rules the world if heart is so strong.

Because;
Mind emits, heart absorbs
Mind shows, heart hides
Mind fears, Heart bears
Heart is not to rule but to serve.

(source from articlesbase.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For many years, I acted on emotion. Is that what you'd consider heart? Or is that a mixture of heart, instinct and mind? Hmmm.....

Now though, I react on emotion, take a breath, then work it out with my brain - however that works, it seems to be okay for me at the moment!

boya arsila said...

I believe woman use their heart more often..I'm one of them..But lately I've been trying to combine it more with logical thinking..But a deep breath surely helps to control our emotion...