Friday, June 19, 2009

3 tips for you

Weekend is coming. I was just wondering how do you spend your weekend? For sure I can say I eat a lot on my weekend that somehow it can ruin my diet. Not that much but I eat more than my weekdays. For example, I don't eat dinner on my weekdays but on Saturday and Sunday I always have dinner. I never have dessert on my weekdays but on weekend I always indulge myself having a good dessert after meal. Aaaargh I hate it but when I think about it over and over again, I don't really care about it. You can eat all you want 2 out of 7 days of your week. Okay, why not? What do you think? Here's a quick tips for you (who are more or less like me).



3 Quick Tips So You Don’t Blow Your Diet This Weekend

1. Exercise!
No healthy lifestyle is complete without it. Exercise will boost your mood and decrease your risk of many cancers and heart disease. I wasn’t a believer in this until I tried it myself, and trust me, it works. Dieting without exercising will eventually bring your weight loss to a halt. You can start by walking around the block every day - just keep moving!

2. Don’t engage in “all-or-nothing” thinking.
You know what I mean - if you stay on your diet, you are “good” and if you make the slightest mistake, you’re “bad” and might as well throw everything away, so you go and eat everything in your pantry and tell yourself you’ll start tomorrow. Life doesn’t work like that. It’s not the one mistake that will do you in, it’s the giant binge that follows. Pick yourself up and keep going.

3. Stay motivated.
Whether it’s a picture of a fitness model you keep on your wall, or the idea of living to see your kids grow up, keep that in mind when you feel like you might stray. Keep focusing on the bigger picture when you start thinking “I can’t do this…it’s too hard.” You’ll be surprised at what you’re capable of. (source from marksdailyapple.com)

No comments: