Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread

Here's another one simple recipe for you. This is perfect for snack time in the afternoon, with a cup of warm tea of course. I always love to have something cheesy with tea. It's like a comfort food for me. I found this on Simply Recipe.

Ingredients: (for 16 mini bread)

  • 1 egg*
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • Scant 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) tapioca flour
  • 1/2 cup (packed, about 66 grams) grated cheese, your preference, though we got the best results from Mexican farmer's cheese - queso fresco
  • 1 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a mini-muffin tin. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well. At this point you can store the batter in the refrigerator for up to a week

  2. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and just lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes. Eat while warm or save to reheat later.

***) Note that Brazilian cheese bread is very chewy, a lot like Japanese mochi.

4 comments:

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

Yum! I usually go sweet with tea but would totally be willing to try savory with this recipe!

boya arsila said...

hmm that's a good idea...savory sounds yummy with these..

Deise Oliveira said...

I am brazilian, and I love read your blog! This recipe is realy easy. I am always cooking Pão-de-Queijo.
Hugs.

boya arsila said...

Hi Deise, Thnak you ..

I guess I should try your recipe =)