Thursday, July 4, 2013

Respect..

I am loving the quote I am posting below. In fact, it's the first time I've ever read it. It's a quote from Arundhati Roy, an Indian author and political activist. The quote below opened my eyes and also my heart. Reminders of how we should always think and behave. My most favorite line is this one "To respect strength, never power" 



To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. 
To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. 
To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. 
To respect strength, never power. 
Above all, to watch. To try and understand. 
To never look away. And never, never to forget.
Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

(image via weheartit)

No comments: